Day 85 - in Stone and watching all the boats go by.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Staffordshire
August 8th 2013
Published: August 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

0 locks, 399 in total.







We're stayed in Stone today – we have until next Friday to reach the outskirts of Tamworth for a family get-together and this is a good mooring with decent shops and open spaces and swimming for Hattie. The only drawback has been the live music sessions at the local pub every Wednesday evening – not my style of music and it was very loud. Hoping that we're safe from now on! And the lights did come on across the canal last night – not quite Blackpool standard but cheerful as the temperature dropped.







John had a haircut at one of the 8 barbers in this town centre. The Council have sensibly relegated the takeaways to one small section on the outskirts of the shopping area but have apparently sanctioned a doubling of barbers in the last few years – odd. There are no big name shops here so the High Street has a lovely old-fashioned feel. There are numerous charity shops though, at least 10, so clearly some shops have had to close.







Not really
done much today but I did move the boat a 100 yards or so to a sunnier spot.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement


18th century coaching inn....18th century coaching inn....
18th century coaching inn....

.....up for sale now.
For our dear grand-daughter Esme on her 2nd birthday.For our dear grand-daughter Esme on her 2nd birthday.
For our dear grand-daughter Esme on her 2nd birthday.

How lucky was this - I'd been looking for a boat with this name all trip.


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb