1st stop.New York...then the World


Advertisement
Published: February 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This is the start (hopefully) of our travel journal 'Round The World' Two senior citz taking the 'trip of a lifetime' (courtesy of MyTravel/Airtours). New to blogging so need to be patient but so far very impressed with the blogs available via travelblog. Whoever started it, a big thankyou!
We leave from our home in N.Staffs at the end of the month and back in time for Easter! Ten countries, 35000 air miles, (72 air hours!), lots of anticipation, excitement, a little trepidation and lots of trust in God!!

The start of the story...
Trial packing.. how to fit all the hot and cold weather clothes, 3+ cameras, all the gadgets(!) and to stay inside the weight limit and yet leave space for souvenirs to be collected en-route?

How to survive the odd lost/delayed case? BY Splitting the clothes between two cases?

Foreign currency, with seven diffent curencies, we need some small change for each in advance (?) plus travellers cheques and plastic! An outline daily budget on a spread sheet gives a rough idea of the totals required but when did any budget last more than five minutes?

The milkman has been told, the taxi company on standby, the house and cat sitter briefed but we both wake early anxious about one thing or another S'pose it's normal?

Our travel documentation is late, delayed or lost in the post? A second set is promised for tomorrow... we are learning how to edit the blog, upload photos etc and hope this will appeal not only to friends and family but to all would be silver surfing travellers!

The next installment should be the night before lift-off!





Advertisement



22nd March 2007

good luck!
Congratulations on making it to the doorstep of the rest of the world! The next few months i'm sure will be full of some of the best moments you've ever had... I went on my first trip overseas about a year ago, and as i've caught the travel bug i'm about to do another trip! Don't forget to have a backup email address in case your primary one goes bung for whatever reason!
19th May 2007

New York... next,,,!!
Albeit a bit late in responding, tks for your greeting. We have returned from our RtheW trip and some more blogs are published, more to go tho! We came back with nearly 2000 photos and 34 avis!, still sorting! You are right, we have the travelling bug, saving for the next one! Hope your travels are good ones! take care , bi

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb