Back home already!?!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Oxfordshire » Oxford
July 26th 2003
Published: July 26th 2003
Edit Blog Post

Today is the 26th July 2003, and we are back in Oxford!:o(

Haven't posted for a while as we changed our plans at the last minute and have been too occupied with sorting out the next stage of our travels.

So ... we decided to leave Denmark a week earlier than planned because the strawberries had started to get a bit thin on the ground and there were over 50 people on the farm meaning that the extra work was a bit thin too because so many people wanted to do it. We run out of money quicker than we thought, and didn’t earn as much as we thought we would either, but never mind!

We got back to the UK on 5th July and had plans to go to Tours in the North of France, then we thought about going to the South of France, then we thought about going down to Kent and getting some farm work here for a few months, then we finally decided to go to the North of France! Hee hee

So we booked the tickets and were set to fly out on the 27th July. However on Thursday morning we checked our email and had a job offer for some farm work in New Zealand, starting on the Friday!!! .. we had emailed a number of contacts there ready for when we had intended going in a few months!

So we made the decision to lose out on the money we had paid for the flights to France, close to £200, and instead go straight to New Zealand because we've wanted to go for a couple of years now, and finally we are going!!:o)

So here we are on the 26th July and we are flying out to New Zealand tomorrow night at 10pm!

We will be flying for 19 hours and then land in Seoul, then we fly out from there about 5 hours later and land in Auckland at 11am on the 29th July! ... now thats a long flight!!!

Anyway, gotta leave it there as we have a couple of last minute things to sort out.

Next time you'll hear from us will be in New Zealand ... wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ... YEAH BABY!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb