St.Cuthbert’s Way- Day 5. Wooler to Fenwick+


Advertisement
Published: September 12th 2019
Edit Blog Post

38,800 steps, 28.5 km.
We woke to a morning of hard rain and our thoughts quickly moved to being drenched for the day, wet and miserable. By the time we finished a bit of breakfast the hard rain had passed and our spirits were relieved and hopeful of a better day. We started off in a steady drizzle which over the next few hours became less and less. Through the morning we took off the extra three layers we started with and by mid day we’re were in short sleeves. Initially the path had some elevation gain and the whole day was filled with up hills only to descend shortly thereafter until we reached the North Sea. Through the day we had narrow paths through fern covered forest floors and through pastures of cows and sheep. Because of the early rain, some of the pathways were mucky and slippery. Today’s path seemed to have semi circles where if only a straight line would have been pathed out our kilometres would have been substantially less. Actually this whole 5 day trip seemed to be much more lengthy than needed. Today we followed the Way to the Causeway which we would cross tomorrow through the water, mud and sand. Reaching the Sea, we had to back track about 3 kms to our delightful BnB.
Cheers


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.408s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb