Heading southwards


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Northamptonshire
June 3rd 2006
Published: June 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Basket case!Basket case!Basket case!

In the middle of the night the buggers fixed a bloody wicker-basket to my handlebars!
Day 2, 2nd June
Leicester - Northhampton - Milton Keynes - St Albans

Good sleep, woke up a seven, looked out of the window to check the bikes, the guys had fixed a wicker basket to my handlebars! All were up at 7.30 and we had loads of toast for brekkie. Set off again just after nine, overcast and a little rainy. We first arrived at Northampton where Rory looked for a bike shop. We’re now at the stage of running our bikes in, my bike is rattling a bit, I had to tighten up a few bolts and Rory tightened my wheel cones. We headed past Milton Keynes, then down the A5 through Dunstable - destination, St Albans. By Dunstable we were getting very tired. Scott’s luggage was wearing him down, he sweats loads! Leslie was feeling the pain of this big run too, and so was I. About 7pm we arrived at Rory’s mates house in St Albans - Clive. He let us pitch the tents in the garden and use the kitchen to cook. Later on we sat in the house a short while drinking beers, it wasn’t long after I went to the tent and crashed out. The night was cold!

Total Miles: 136.45 Todays Miles: 79.78 Average speed: 11.2 Time on bike: 7:05


Advertisement



Tot: 0.33s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 23; qc: 109; dbt: 0.1103s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb