Breakfast: Like a pig at a trough


Advertisement
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » Yorkshire Dales » York
January 14th 2008
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 53.9577, -1.08229There was a very good selection of hot foods at breakfast today, but none of it was any good - so why did I eat so much of it??? I think I even oinked like a pig a few times at breakfast today! But it was still WAY better than the average hostel breakfast. They had some sickeningly-sweet fudge yogurt, orange/apple/grapefruit juices, coffee, and tea. The selection of cold ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

w2w2
w2

Looks a lot like Darth Maul, from Star Wars.
xx
x

This was hilarious - the sign was so low that if I actually looked straight ahead, I would miss the sign because I'd be looking OVER it!
yy
y

A crappy almond tart.
zz
z

Finally, some decent lighting for pictures!
zaza
za

Too bad the lighting didn't last for long.
zbzb
zb

Statue of the Emperor Constantine - he was actually in York when his father died, and returned to Rome as Emperor.
zczc
zc

I grabbed a quick kebab on the way back to the hostel - it was MASSIVE! It actually looks kind of sickening - that long, curly hot pepper looksl like some sort of serpent. I thought I could eat and walk at the same time, but there was no way I could eat it without a knife and fork so it had to wait until I returned to the hostel. I washed it down with an Irn-Bru (pronounced "iron"), a popular soft drink from the UK - it wasn't good and it wasn't bad, but I needed something to help wash down the behemoth kebab with. UK people joke that it's actually "iron" as in metal, because there is absolutely nothing of any nutritional value in the drink. It's made only of chemicals and preservatives, and makes Drano look like a delightful organic and all-natural beverage. So much for a light meal - there was way too much meat in the kebab, and the onions were pretty harsh-tasting.



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb