The secret is out.....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Norfolk » Norwich
March 11th 2006
Published: March 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Finally we can shout from the rooftops that we are going on this trip!! Julian had notified his work at the end of January that he was handing in his notice but Kelly had kept her secret from all but a few close colleagues. Anyway, last Thursday 9th March she handed in her notice and now everybody knows.....we have informed most people that the leaving party will be held in Norwich on the 28th April - it should be a good night!!!

We have a nice new shiny sticker in our passports, otherwise known as a Vietnamese visa and Oz have said we're allowed entry too, which is good! Just need to suss the Chinese visa in Bangkok, that seems our only option, you all know what fun we've had trying to obtain these before we go. It's easier to herd cats!

Ayers rock is also sorted, it's whistle stop to say the least, Fly in, one night at a hotel before we go and see the big lump of rock, one day to explore/walk round/take pictures of it, then back to the hotel and fly out the very next day! It's not cheap, one company has the monopoly on Ayers rock accommodation, we're just relieved to have got a reservation, as it seems quite a busy place for a big orange rock in the middle of nowhere. Bet they still serve Fosters out there though.

Most of our tour paperwork has arrived for Cambodia, Vietnam & China. Just need the Africa bumf to arrive and we can go!

Anyone want to buy a Passat?


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb