Socials and Such


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Norfolk » Norwich
October 4th 2007
Published: October 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Charity Shop OutfitCharity Shop OutfitCharity Shop Outfit

Straight from the Deaf/Blind/Rubella Association
This week was the kick-off of two of my societies, RAG (Raise and Give) and ISS (International Students Society). The RAG social was Monday night, we met in the pub on campus wearing our charity shop outfits (it was a "fancy dress" function). We spent 1/2 an hour asking for donations for Sue Ryder Care, which helps out terminally ill patients, then it was on to the festivities. We paired up and had a three-legged race. But this wasn't your ordinary three-legged race because it went from the pub on campus, clear to a pub in town! We rode the bus taped together (getting up to the top of the double-decker was interesting). After arriving at the first pub, we were cut apart and a more traditional pub crawl began. We went to a total of 4 bars/pubs/clubs over the course of the evening. It was a good time, I met a lot of new people (I didn't know anyone at the beginning), and got home early enough to get enough sleep for my 9:00 lecture.

Last night, was the ISS social. It was a little more traditional. We met in the square, took a bus to Indulge, a nightclub in town and just mingled and danced. There were a lot of people there that I already new, it was fun to let loose and hang out for a while. They played a little salsa music late, and surprisingly, my Russian friend Maria was a wicked salsa dancer. Who Knew?

FYI- Next weekend I am taking a trip to London and being a hardcore tourist. I will leave early Friday morning and come back Sunday evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

ISS SocialISS Social
ISS Social

Marina, Maria, Me, Tracy, and Thomas
ISS SocialISS Social
ISS Social

Peter, Marina, Tiffany, & Me
In My FlatIn My Flat
In My Flat

L-R: Stacey, Me, Tina
My TWO Windows!My TWO Windows!
My TWO Windows!

Quite the luxury!


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb