Day 6 Travel to Liverpool


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Liverpool
September 18th 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hard to leave after being settled for 3 days. But so long to Scotland, and hello to Liverpool. Our travel started out great . We enjoyed 2 hours of beautiful Lower Scottish and Lake District Countryside. The train ride was relaxing until we missed our connection to Liverpool. It all worked out as we caught a small connection, (somewhat like a bus, stopping in every small town) and only lost about ½ hr. on our schedule. We dropped off our bags and started our quick tour of Liverpool.
We found the city much larger than we had anticipated, and in the middle of a large reconstruction. Apparently Liverpool has been designated “2008 European capital of culture”.We went through the Beatles museum on the docks. It was a bit disappointing for the price, but you do learn some interesting trivia, and there we a couple of great pieces of memorabilia.

The locals are great We chatted with locals at dinner, on the street, in the pub. The pub by the way was the Cavern pub, which was across the street from the closed down Cavern Club. (The Beatles played there over 300 times) The whole of Mattews Street is a memorial to the fab four. The young man singing Beatles songs at the pub, gave it a surreal feeling. Well time to quit chasing the past and get some sleep as we have a long travel day tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb