Cheerio, want some fish chips lassy


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » London
March 11th 2011
Published: March 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well we made it to London, yesterday was exhausting, we hung around doing... not much, while we waited for the hostel to let us check in. After we checked in we took about a 2 hour nap and felt like a whole new person! We walked around at night, got a little lost, then got found, ate dinner at this huge water featur thing right by St. Paul's church which was nice and did some people watching. It was nice to relax. We then walked around for a while and took in some sights for a bit. We were exhausted seeing as we had about 2 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours. We went back to the hostel and it was nighty tighty...

So today we woke up showered in a "dorm like" shower, and ate a questionable breakfast at the hostel. The hostel isn't bad at all especially as hostels go, but its by no means anything like home. We then got a bus pass for "The Original London Tour" and took the bus around London for the morning and most of the day. We went on a River Cruise which was actually pretty nice and was included in the bus pass thing we bought. We then got lunch at a place that was near the cruise and got the traditional Fish and Chips. Pretty good! The weirdest part of that experience was that when we had to use the restroom, we went to the local one in the area and had to pay 50 cents, well in London money I guess it would be 50 pence. We saw ALL the typical tourist sights of London today and took LOTS of pictures! The bus tour we took was a little bit scary, and we were able to sit on the top floor of the double decker bus. It was a little like the scene in Harry Potter when the bus driver swerved in and out of traffic often slamming on the brakes and sending people flying across the bus. It was definitely an experience to say the least, but we did survive!! Well, now we are off to the pub to grab a few beers and mingle with the locals. Cheerio everyone!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb