London Day 7


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » London
December 24th 2010
Published: December 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

OxfordOxfordOxford

View from the Saxon Tower
Merry Christmas and best wishes to you all!!!

Not quite Christmas here yet, but we have planned to have a lovely Christmas lunch at a local resturant.

Most of the snow has melted in urban London, but yesterday we had a very nice day in Oxford which was covered with snow. We headed to Paddington and caught the British Rail service to Oxford only a comfortable hour away.

We caught the sightseeing bus to do a quick lap of the city before disembarking and spending some time exploring this historic university city by foot. One building we happened across was the Saxon Tower of St Michael at the North Gate, which is nearly 1000 years old and is Oxford's oldest building. As we came down from the tower we were lucky to hear a performance of Christmas music by a string ensemble performing in the church.

We managed to wander around the grounds of Christ Church College, the Bodleian Library and the Radcliffe Camera. Many buildings were as closed to the public as it seemed the university was still in business mode, we did see a small exhibition about the Shelleys and enjoy the Christmas atmosphere of the high street.

Anyway lots of photos today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb