full body scans


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » London
September 13th 2010
Published: September 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We travelled to London on British Air--love that airline! Flying first class on British Air is like being crowned Queen for a Day! Everything/anything you wish, madam!
We spent the night and arrived the next morning early to fill out our VAT refund paperwork. We were supposed to have everything we bought (for the refund) ready to show and unused. They never once looked or asked to look at our stuff! So that was easy!
Next we went to check our bags and go through security. Ted's backpack took a long time to come through the xray machine and then it was diverted for a more thorough check. His backpack had all the power cords and adaptors, so it was a wonder it hadn't been checked before. But no problem, we were early and all was good. I was looking for the restroom, when we heard a man asking us if we'd like to come over for a random scan---the full body scan! The sign posted says you can refuse, but if you do, you cannot fly. It was over very quickly, but you stand with your hands up--like you're under arrest! Hope they didn't laugh at how full my bladder was!!
Our flight to LA was 9 hours long. We flew with the sun and gained 8 hours, so it was sunny for almost 21 hours! We rested our eyes on the plane, but we hadn't been up all that long to take a long rest. Then we had a 3 hour layover in LA, so couldn't sleep there. Once we got on Alaska for our flight to Seattle, we both drifted to sleep almost instantly. And slept almost the whole way there. Both of us had bobble heads on the car ride home from Seattle. By the time we got home, we'd been up for 24.5 hours.
Ted will post pictures later today--he actually got up and worked from home today--all I've done is laundry, laundry, and oh, yes, laundry....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb