Bad Assed Canadians


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » London
July 20th 2010
Published: July 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After our many days on the road, we are becoming rebels. Shannon refuses to look when crossing the street. She figures after her time in Cairo, how bad could it be. She was almost hit once. (Truth be told, who knows which way to look?) Our second act of rebellion was when we went to Stonehenge. We weren't allowed to eat on the bus, but we bought chocolates at Windsor Castle and ate them anyway! Dangerous stuff! Canada better look out for us when we return!
Here we are lovin' our time in London! Mainly, because we don't have to travel on for awhile. The weather has been nice, but yesterday it was really sunny and we both got sunburnt. We made it through plus forty weather and a desert, but we get burnt in foggy London. Go figure!
We have been busy! We have been on the Jack the Ripper Tour, 2 musicals (Billy Elliot and Chicago), double decker bus tour, Stonehenge Tour, Bath Tour, Windsor Castle Tour, shopping at Harrods, saw the Crown Jewels at Tower of London, shopping at the markets at Portobello Road, etc. (And, Jackie did sing the song.) Wow, hey! It has only been 5 days, and we have the British Museum and an Oliver Musical planned for tonight!
We have ran into a few Americans, who take great pride in insulting us. They are kind of confirming the stereotypes that we all have. Oh, but the British people have been very helpful and nice to us.
Umm, don't worry we have been continuously embarrassing ourselves across the globe. The other day, we were exhausted and needed some supper. I went to go order, while Jackie saved our seats. Next, Jackie went to order and didn't return. Apparently, we had to eat apart. I ordered a stay in meal, and Jackie accidently ordered a take out meal, and was not allowed back in. So needless to say, we had some time to ourselves that meal. The worst part was that we took one bite of our Cornish pastery, and went next doors to McDonalds. It seems to be a safe ground, a safe bet for us.
We leave for Scotland on Thursday, which gives me horrid butterflies! We HAVE to drive! It seemed alright in Canada, but when you are trying to cross the road, and you aren't too sure which way to look, you begin to second guess yourself. While in Canada, we flipped a coin to see who would be the lucky person to drive first, and it was ....... Shannon.. Boo! Miss you all, and can't wait to talk to you in Scotland!

Advertisement



20th July 2010

London's Great
Hi Girls: I loved London too which surprised me. I can hardly wait to see what acts of rebellion you incite at Sidney in the fall. We need a little spicing up! It took me two days to get used to driving in Scotland but I'm sure you learn faster than I do. Keep having fun! Laura V.
20th July 2010

Suuuuper glad that you guys are having a great time. sounds like you two are just having the time of your lives and really taking everything in which is wonderful. have fun in scotland and dont forget to bring me home a husband jackie. love you! <3
20th July 2010

McDonald's?
I can't believe you are eating at McDonalds! Although British food is generally awful, if you go to Italian or Indian, etc restaurants, the food is pretty good. I loved the British Museum so hope you have lots of time there. Don't you just love London? Just 2 weeks now until we leave. Getting excited! Be careful driving. Just look every direction before you turn a corner and be prepared to pull over on the smaller roads cause there's only room for 1! Don't look under the kilts- I hear it's rude!
21st July 2010

A REAL FUN TRIP
Hi Guys I've sent a message before don't know if it reached you.I'm really enjoying your blogs looking forward to the next one, so keep them coming!Sounds like your haveing such a good time . GOOD ON YOU. Keep your Canadian attitude in intact! take care, and enjoy..
22nd July 2010

Wow! You guys are having an amazing time! Sounds like fun! Good luck with the driving thing - I hope it won't be like driving in NY!
22nd July 2010

trip
WOW, sounds like you guys are having a blast. Love reading your blogs. Enjoy the rest of your trip and try to behave. lol

Tot: 0.712s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb