One giant leap


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Lincolnshire » Grimsby
March 31st 2007
Published: March 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

By the time you read this we should be enjoying our final nights kip before flying for 19 hours (with a quick stopover in Schipol for breakfast and a beer 😊) into Lima, capital city of Peru.

A quick confession from under the excited exterior:
I'm pushing my comfort zone totally. We haven't really planned much and as I've never travelled before its a) hard to let go of the 'it's-the-end-of-the-world-if-I'm-late-and-miss-the-bus' kind of mentality, which is daft as I already know another one will come along in a few hours, or days.
B) I'm a worrier by nature so this is one giant leap of faith and trust.
C) (stands for cliché) This will change my life.

The planning we have done goes vaguely as follows:

We'll spend a couple of days in Lima chilling out and relaxing into the Peruvian pace of life before heading southeast to Cusco to acclimatise and base ourselves ready for trekking. There's heaps of archaeology here including Machu Picchu - details and history lessons to follow.

Next is the areas of Puno and Arequipa for Lake Titicaca, the Colca Canyon and the volcano El Misti, the pictures and description of the areas are fantastic!

The only way north for the next stage is up the Pan American highway past Lima again, where we'll explore the Cordillera Blanca mountain range, and, if there's time maybe a bum around on the beach for the last week or so!


And there you have it. If you know us well enough the above list gives you most of the reasons why we've chosen Peru.

Hopefully the next time I'll update is from somewhere in Cusco

Until then, happy travelling

X


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb