Relaxing day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Leicestershire
August 2nd 2009
Published: August 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Back of WharflandsBack of WharflandsBack of Wharflands

This is the back view of the house we are staying at.
Well, today was a pretty relaxing day for us here. We were supposed to visit Woolsthorpe Manor nearby (birthplace of Sir Isaac Newton) but we changed our minds at the last minute. It looked pretty small and we figured we'd be through it in less than half an hour so we hit the grocery store instead for last minute supplies and some supplies for the family who lives here and then home to do some house cleaning (the only down-side to a house swap is there is no maid service....). Also, in the morning, we had a visit from the lady and her daughter who we had tried to meet up with yesterday in Nottingham but had failed. Her daughter is 9 and the 3 kids played together so well. We sat and had tea for a while and then took the kids to the park before they had to head home. That's really about it for today - I almost didn't blog....But I have attached some requested photos of where we've been staying. Everyone seems curious to know what it's like.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Front of WharflandsFront of Wharflands
Front of Wharflands

This is the view of the front of our place
Back gardenBack garden
Back garden

This is looking out towards the back of the yard (toward the chickens!)
Kitchen with nookKitchen with nook
Kitchen with nook

Where we eat breakfast (I mean eggs)
Movie roomMovie room
Movie room

The den
Master bedroomMaster bedroom
Master bedroom

Nice window looking over the backyard and the door leads to the ensuite bathroom


2nd August 2009

thanks
Thanks for posting the photos of the house. Lovely home!
3rd August 2009

nice house
The place looks really nice. Large lot and nice interior. It seems that you guys made a really good choice. Have you had any emails from the family that is enjoying your house? Is it Tuesday that you leave?

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb