The Land of the Building Site


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Rochester
August 18th 2008
Published: August 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are Back!!!
No we hadn't left even Kent but we've been on a 10 week journey of a different kind. The journey to a bigger house. Instead of moving house we have extended our kitchen and are absolutely loving it now. Having said that we had a bit of a love - hate relationship with the journey to get to this point (Lets say Claudi wanted an extension and Terry had to suffer the consequences).
It had all started last summer, when we were back from our long journey around the world and sat on our bench infront of our house. We noticed that even though we had been to lots of amazing places in the past six months we very much liked to live, where our little house is, in Kent!

A few serendipidous moments later, we had an idea of what we wanted to change so that the house was going to be big enough to stay in it for the mid to long tem.

Over Christmas a friend of Claudi's parents drew our dream of a large kitchen and as the planning department in Tondbridge didn't have objections the project went ahead on the 3rd
Early Demolition!Early Demolition!Early Demolition!

Scary to destroy parts of the house that were quite usuable up to then!
of May.

Wilhelm (Claudi's dad) was in Burham the majority of the time, that the kitchen was being build and did a fantastic job sorting out food for us and the builders. As you can imagine that wasn't easy without a kitchen but Wilhem served great food every day in the summerhouse.

The project was supposed to take 4 - 6 weeks and as these things go, it took longer. 10 weeks in total. The most patient people in all of this were our neighbours Tony and Louise who had offered to put us up during the project but also hadn't bargained for having us for 2 months. Their support was fantastic. (There were people asking me if we were still squatting.....)

Anyway: I will attach a few pictures so you get the idea.

Finally, we are sorry if we have been "absent". We were very involved with the house during the spring and summer up to now. But we are back. So come and see us.

Lots of love Claudi and Terry


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

the new kitchenthe new kitchen
the new kitchen

the hole is getting bigger!
The summerhouseThe summerhouse
The summerhouse

site office, kitchen, living room - it served for whatever was needed
Insulation!Insulation!
Insulation!

Our response to rising energy costs
Finished!Finished!
Finished!

View form the back
the new range is bluethe new range is blue
the new range is blue

our old range was stolen from the alley at the beginning of june... the blue one was a bargain on ebay


25th August 2008

Wie schön!
Hey Ihr beiden, dass ist ja wunderschön geworden! Wünsche noch einen guten Sommer" Gruß, Alexander

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 18; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb