Stour Valley Walk - Chilham to Wye


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Canterbury
February 25th 2009
Published: March 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I've started work in London so it's good to get out on the weekend. That's also the reason this is so short.

I think this was the most picturesque walk so far - walking through fields and woods, looking out along the stour valley, dotted with farms and manor houses.

We rejoin the track at Chilham and start route south. After skirting some woods the path loops away from the river and drops down into a small, hidden valley. While chatting about the pros and cons of living somewhere like this, we lose our way (not for the 1st time) and have to retrace our steps to find the path. Atop the other side of the valley we stop for lunch, looking across to Godmersham Park, formerly owned by Jane Austin's brother, and the prehistoric earthworks in the hills above. We pass down into the next small valley and along it's length, eventually walking up through the tiny village of Crundale. Across the wooded hills and then down once more towards Wye.
Into Wye past the agricultural college. We stop to sit on a wall to admire the 15th century buildings before going to find a pub. My legs
A Big House in the WoodsA Big House in the WoodsA Big House in the Woods

Possibly Hurst Farm
don't feel as bad for the 7 miles as they have previously. Just as well, as it's 10 miles next time.





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Emma striding aheadEmma striding ahead
Emma striding ahead

Anyone who knows Em also knows how unlikely it is to see her doing any striding.


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb