Day 6 - Back to Blighty


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Southampton
June 4th 2011
Published: June 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a wonderfully smooth and quiet sail through the night, we docked in Southampton at 6.30 this morning. We were lucky to be in the last group to leave the ship so had lots of time for another light breakfast. Of course, we didn't actually have a light breakfast. We chose to have a whacking great feast on the excuse that it was the last breakfast anyone is likely to cook for us until our next cruise in September.

We wandered off the ship at about half ten and then the nightmare of our outward journey returned. What is it about half term and traffic in Southampton? It took us an hour to get out the other side of the city. But out of it we got and then trundled up the M3 to Reading. We are now home, unpacked and on the other side of 3 loads of washing. Just the ironing to look forward to!!

Shan't do any more blogs now until we head back to the Med on 28th September. But might try and crack loading photos to the blog so if you're following this, it may be worth another look tomorrow. Hope you've enjoyed following our trip. It's been fun to write and may be a good way to keep in touch next year when we go off on the big one!

Advertisement



13th June 2011

Great time
Great way to start your fantastic journey next year. Look forward to more.....

Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb