How to lose a castle! and a well earned rest!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Portsmouth
March 25th 2013
Published: March 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Getting an early start on Friday, well 9.30am is pretty good for us; we pointed Georgie in the direction of St Michaels Mount…..



Woolly says – Another one for my I Spy book, I was very excited until we arrived and could just make out the mount but with no possible means of getting there, I would have swum but Jo voted against this – no idea why!!!!! Ian was all for it and wanted me to take rocks for ballast!!! We re-programmed the two squawking females and set off to find Pendennis Castle, another one for my book. One hour later we gave up, the castle seems to have disappeared, neither of the females could find it neither could Jo even using maps and looking eagerly for brown signs, a bit of a mystery. Taking our defeat well we set off for Looe, our stop for two nights, to give Ian and Georgie a rest from the roads. Finding the site was easy finding Looe after parking up was less so, the nice receptionist showed us where to go on the site map but having trudged all the way round a very wet field we gave up that route and took to the road way finally making it into the quaint town, having looked round and collected Chinese for Ian and me and Indian for Jo and me we gave into our tired feet and paws not to mention the freezing winds and caught a taxi back to the site.



Having a break proved to be a must and we had a lovely time tucked up in Georgie watching films, the FI Grand Prix, and having a chance to cook using the full cooker in Georgie!!!!!



Woolly says – after a nice peaceful rest break, we powered up Georgie and set a route for Portsmouth, losing radio 2 we blasted our way through some hits of the Chilli’s, a bit of Bad Company, some Simon and Garfunkel and a variety of other good rock tracks, joining in a convoy of two other motorhomes, we waved happily at other motor homers as we passed them by. Setting up camp at The Lamb in West Withering for the night (one of our Brit Stops), we found ourlseves sharing the carpark for the first time with another motorhome, having been there about half an hour we had a knock on the door and following a quick chat with the manager we were told that they were no longer doing the Brit Stops, we explained that we had rung in advance and were told that we were fine to stay that night. We headed into the pub along with the other family of four who had decided to eat as well, approximately £130 GBP between 6 of us and they don’t want to use the scheme anymore!!!! Apparently we are off to look at some Marie Rose sauce tomorrow!!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb