JOLLY OLD ENGLAND


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Wimbledon
October 6th 2005
Published: October 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

harry was supposed to leave on tuesday the 4th but i convinced him to stay until the following tuesday. we were able to go to london to see his family who lives there. we stayed with his aunt cathy in her house in london. it was nice to see his cousins they are really neat kids and it was nice to stay in an actual house not a creepy apartment or hotel for once. we saw everythign there was to see in london plus some. we arrived on thursday and went out for fish and chips at a pub, that was a really neat experience. on friday i do not think i even remember everywhere we went! we started at the tower of london which was so fun because the beefeaters give these tours and the guide was really funny and the tower was really interesting. we saw the london bridge which is really pretty. we went to westminster abbey...another church they are all starting to look the same! we saw the cabinet war rooms which are so cool! they are almost exactly as they were back during WWII, also at the same location was the churchill museum dedicated to winston churchill. other then being the only people under the age of 85 in either of those places it was pretty awesome. we saw the horse palace and the changing of the horse gaurds and trafallger(that is probably spelled wrong sorry) square and then we went to a rugby match which was SO COOL! they double booked our seats so we got to sit in the director's box (owners box) so we had a private bathroom and bar. rugby is a crazy game but i liked it a lot. on saturday we went to harrod's and the regular changing of the guards, then we went to hampton court. sunday was much more laid back. we went to harry's cousins rugby tournament and hung out in the common across from his aunts house i played with their dog and harry played soccer with his family. it was a great trip i really enjoyed london, andit was nice to see it with harry since he had done most of that stuff before and he could show me around easily.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb