Wimbledon!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Wimbledon
June 20th 2005
Published: June 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well, today after a 15 hour trip over we decided it would be fun to get up at 4am (don't really know what we were thinking, probably jet lag) to go and try and get tickets for the first day of the Wimbledon tournament. It turns out that we have the patience of saints! (actually I learned I have the patience I always knew Michael had it, after all he puts up with me).

After a bus and two trains, we got to the grounds to be given our "queue" numbers, for our American friends this means a line, a very long line. We were given #'s 863 to 865. While I was counting our blessings since I thought this was a very good small number, little did we know that there was another one of these so called queues on the other side of the grounds! Two hours later, we ended up being a tree spot away from some GREAT tickets, however we ended up with GOOD ones instead. However, no complaints since for the low price of 16 pounds, we got to see many attractions.

These include, a crazy man in the queue (who kept pointing out all of Maria Sharipova's attributes these being not the ones used on the courts), a crazy summer storm with thunder, and a front seats match game (with a French player that cussed and threw his racket). All it all it was a good day, after the crazy storm the sun came out to burn us alive (we decided Wimbledon is not built for sun, there's not enough shade!). Hope you like our pictures, until the next installment of our European adventure.

- Audrey


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb