Last days of London...


Advertisement
Published: May 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday it was raining, so we didn't accomplish nearly as much as we did the previous days. In the morning/afternoon we had a traditional English breakfast, consisting of a fried egg, toast, bacon, a sausage, beans, and blood pudding (weird!) When we were finished it was still raining so we went into the London Aquarium and saw lots of sharks. After, we went in the London Eye, which is a huge ferris wheel (150 metres) where you stand in these glass 'pods' that goes really slow and gives you a panoramic view of London. The weather still hadn't improved so we just headed back to the flat and relaxed until dinner.

Dinner was an amazing experience! We went to Gerald's gentlemen's club and had dinner in the fine dining restaurant, which looked like a museum/palace inside. We had a 5 course dinner accompanied by fine wine, vintage champagne, and brandy...a little too much liquor one might say, considering we also polished off two bottles of wine when we got back to the flat. Needless to say, I ended up passed out on the couch, while Gerald and Josh finished the second bottle. Embarrassed myself in London, check!

Today Gerald took us out to the English country to a town called Princes Risborough where he grew up and we went to the neighbourhood pub for brunch and had Buckinghamshire Roast Beef. We also went to an outdoor conservatory that gave us a view of the whole town and the rolling hills surrounding it. The English countryside was exactly how I pictured it would be, most of the buildings were built in the 1700s, and we even saw a fields full of sheep and their cute little babies. It was completely different from downtown busy London! Since our stomaches were still a little 'unsettled' from the night before, the curvy roads and bumpy ride back was definitely an experience!

We had dinner in Piccadilly Circus and now are getting ready for bed and doing laundry since we leave early for Paris tomorrow morning. We not taking the train across the channel anymore because we were in the process of booking our tickets this evening and didn't realize that tickets drastically increase in price closer to the date. Since we don't have an extra $1000 to spend on train tickets, we decided that we are going to fly into to Paris instead. I am excited to be moving on to a new city, especially since it doesn't really seem like we are travellers yet, due to the cushy lifestyle we are having here. London has been amazing though, I love it! Ready to either move here or move on!

Advertisement



10th May 2010

So jealous of you guys right now, hope you have an awesome time in the City of Lights!
10th May 2010

Last night in London
Well as I sit here on my lunch hour it's 8:00pm in Paris and wondering what sites you saw today. Hope your flight over was good and your day was fantastique! It was wonderful talking to you yesterday Carly. Have a glass of wine for me. Bonne Nuit!
10th May 2010

WOWEEE
Sounds like you're having a blast. Enjoy and keeps us all posted. Thanks, Dad

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.042s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb