Last day in London...still lots to see and do!


Advertisement
Published: July 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It's hard to believe that we had already reached our last day in London. We wanted to do as much as possible and were so happy it was sunny again. We went first and did the practical things getting Chris and my foreign currency for the next part of our travels. We then met Gillian and Scott and Buckingham Palace where we sat in St. James' Park and ate our M&S lunch - Mum and her vouchers have come in very handy throughout this trip! After lunch we headed on the tube towards Oxford Circus, taking in Regent Street which is covered in flags for the Olympics - it looked amazing.

GG couldn't pass up the opportunity to do some shopping so Scott, Chris and I went to Westminster where we took in Parliament, Big Ben and the London Eye (though we didn't go on it as my fear of heights couldn't be convinced). It was such an amazing atmosphere and we stopped for ages watching all the street performers. Scott, being slightly naive, (sorry Scott) watched a magician for ages and came back to tell Chris and I that as part of his trick the magician dislocated his shoulder. Chris had to explain that it was all part of the illusion - gullible perhaps Scott?

We made our way to Covent Garden where dinner was booked that evening, again the atmosphere was indescribale with so many people everywhere and all the street markets. We had a lovely dinner at Brown's - although the emotions were starting to show and I found it hard not to start blubbing in the restaurant at the thought of saying goodbye to Scott and GG.

GG and I then went to Starbucks for some sister time, whilst Scott and Chris went to a cinema near Leicester Square. GG and I spent most of the time crying in Starbucks, with lots of people watching us probably trying to figure out what had happened. GG gave me a bracelet, she had got herself a matching one, which only made me cry even more!!!

We met up with the boys and headed back to the hostel for the last time 😞


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb