London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Soho
March 28th 2010
Published: March 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We left Auckland airport at Monday 8th March at 1.10am and after a couple of long flights we arrived in London at 7.15pm the same day. This was our longest Monday ever! We explored London on foot on our first day trying to get our bearings. Everything seemed so central from our hostel near the Oxford Circus station. We saw the Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Paliament Buildings, Piccadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace, 10 Downing Street, the old Scotland Yard and walked along the Embankment.
The next day we went to the New Scoland Yard to see Sophie's work collegue at the Crime museum, then we were off to The Royal College of Surgens to see the Hunterian Museum which was facinating. Check it out on http://www.rcseng.ac.uk/museums/information/joshua-guide/.
From there we discoved that the Brittish Museum was only 5 minutes away so we ate lunch in the nearest park and spent the afternoon in the museum looking at the Rosetta Stone, classical scuptures, mummies and Greek vases. The next day we went to the Changing of the Guards, Natural History Museum, V & A Museum, the London Tower and London Bridge. That night we went on The London Eye to get a view of London at night. This was awesome! This gave us a chance to see parts of London we didn't get to.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



13th April 2010

A Reply
I have been to London for a couple of times. Yes, long flights can be so tiring but everything is worth it. London and all the things in it are fantastic. =)

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb