London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Richmond
June 17th 2006
Published: June 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

ENGLISH PUBENGLISH PUBENGLISH PUB

Football is a wee bit more popular in England. The pub was standing room only, smoky hot and crazy!
A good time in London - so limited on time so only chance to do anything touristy was Tower of London and Picadilly Circus. Night life looked great, and Quig had his trusty guidebook and led us to some fine pubs. highlight was watching the England soccer game in an English pub on the West End. Place went berzerk - every time England scored I got completely covered in thrown beer. After the game the bar looked like Beriut... That was Thursday. Friday Joe met us and the 4 of us went exploring. The tube was a bit dirty, but fast and on time.

Notting Hill was an amazing neighborhood - looks like so much fun to live there. Jen was a perfect host and even though she didnt feel well. she was a trooper and hung out with us. Everything was completely expensive. San Diego is twice as expensive as Wisconsin, London was twice again as expensive as San Diego - WOW!

London had some charm, though not nearly as modern as Germany or as progressive as Prague - again I am amazed at how old everything is. The food though was completely awful. Everything you have heard
BUS RIDEBUS RIDEBUS RIDE

Quig on double decker English bus.
about English food is true. Too greasy, and watching them prepare it with thier hands completely put me off. For a change we even went to Chinatown, but even that $150 meal for 3 was horrid. The best meal I had in two days was a toasted ham and cheese, and that was only good coz the mustard was good. The beer, however, is tops! So nice to get Carlsberg on tap again!...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Inside the TowerInside the Tower
Inside the Tower

Raven wall


21st June 2006

London Calling
Nice pix. Wish I was there with you. Me thinks those weren't really London girls in the photo - their teeth gives them away.
21st June 2006

yummy, brown ales...
...if the beer is that good, just drink. Food is now officially an option !

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0969s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb