London Terror Attacks


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Richmond
July 7th 2005
Published: July 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Fortunately for us, no one was hurt in any of the attacks that happened, and we were no where near central London at the time. We had left at 8 am for a tour of a Rolls-Royce jet engine assembley plant in Derby (3 hours away), and we heard off and on accounts of what was going on in London over the radio, from there being a train collision near Aldgate, possibly due to signal failure, to there being 4 bombings to even 7 seperate incidents, including a bus explosion, even though we now know that there were only 4. There is a slight chance that we could be sent home early since there is a slight threat that still prevails, and that American tourists could be even more of a target, and since it is well known that we are here since we have stayed here for a few weeks, we are at risk, although I doubt we will be sent home. Several people have cancelled their trips to Scotland this weekend, and it looks highly unlikely that Judd and I will be able to see the Queen concert tomorrow (since it is in central London), and so we are sticking around campus for a while until we can figure out what is going on.

Advertisement



7th July 2005

asdf
glad your safe
7th July 2005

Hey I have been watching this stuff all day and I am glad to hear you guys are all right. Anyways have a good one.
7th July 2005

the director of study abroad even called to be sure you had called to check in.... lots of calling this morning but soooooo glad everyone is safe and hopefully staying close to the mother ship.:) love ya
7th July 2005

Its amazing how things can change so rapidly, regardless of your geography. Sad.
8th July 2005

Very happy to hear that you all are okay. Thought about you a lot yesterday and Gram gave me an update...Be safe and see you soon!
8th July 2005

Hey man, i'm glad to hear ya'll all alright out there. tried gettin thru to a shipmate in London to track ya but this works...still, good to hear ya'llz fine.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb