Farewell (temporarily) to England, Thanks for the Memories...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
April 22nd 2005
Published: June 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Holly at Waterloo StationHolly at Waterloo StationHolly at Waterloo Station

The International Terminal where we will take the High Speed EuroStar train under the English Channel to Brugge via Brussels. Or as it is often said we're going to Chunnel.
Well, our time in England has run out. We will miss England, and all the fine people that have made our visit here, one to remember.

We met family, we've made new friends, and the memories we bring back home will last a lifetime. Cheerie-O to all, we have every intention of returning in the future.

To paraphrase the great Frank Sinatra;

Thanks for the memories,
Of things we can’t forget,
Journeys on a jet,
Tea with clotted cream and
A ride on Eurostar,
How lucky we are.

We are very lucky indeed, to have such wonderful family and friends. We're off to the continent of Europe, London to Paris by way of the TGV (train à grande vitesse, French for "high-speed train"). Stay tuned, we'll report from Belguim, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and the Netherlands.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

We're offWe're off
We're off

After a short ride through the English Countryside, its a 13 minute black-out under the English Channel. Then a scenic ride through the French and Belgian countryside to Brugge via Brussels.


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 21; qc: 97; dbt: 0.0764s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb