London Days


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
September 17th 2016
Published: September 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The tourist trail has prevailed during our London days. The London Eye was't here when I lived here, so that was our first port of call, quite a spectacukar engineering feat, the views were splendid and we came pretty close to planes turning finals for Heathrow!! the next few hours were spent in the London traffic on the open top tour bus with a recorded commentary!! The traffic was like Auckland, but we took in the sights Eastwards and by the time we got to Tower Bridge we were over inching along on our double decker bus and returned to the Embankment via a river cruise, which took in all the bridges crossing the Thames. The second part of our open top tour was more interesting as we headed West this time as we had a real person commentating who had a but of humour and so was more enjoyable.....had to be done.

Our best breakfast we had in London was at BILL's in SoHo, we even got a picture.

Churchills War rooms were fascinating, 3 hours later we emerged from the underground bunker a great deal more aware of the circumstances and living conditions of the powerhouse of the Churchill bunkers that eventually lead to victory in the war.

Two West end shows have been taken in and what an experience both shows were fabulous the first one "the Kinks", a live show about the boom and bust of the band in the 60's, great music and the 2nd one was "Kinky Boots" a polished musical based on a true story of about an old fashioned shoe manufacturer in North Hampton that reinvented themselves.

We found the best gin drinks to be had in London, I'll have another please.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Finals for HeathrowFinals for Heathrow
Finals for Heathrow

Top of the London Eye, we felt we could touch it!!
Beiruts ugliest buildingBeiruts ugliest building
Beiruts ugliest building

No sorry, it's NZ House in London...Dave's life mission is to get this sorted, John Key.
Bills BreakfastBills Breakfast
Bills Breakfast

The best breakfast in SoHo!!!
The MallThe Mall
The Mall

The Royal approach from Westminster to Buckingham Palace. My regular run route 2 days in a row.
Tubing itTubing it
Tubing it

From Embankment to Paddington on the Bakerloo Line heading back to the airport


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb