RoJo's Birthday


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
April 21st 2006
Published: September 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Got up for a busy day ahead. Caught the train in early to put work on the board. Witnessed my first assembly which gave me some ideas for when I get back home. I seem to be not leaving my room all day with preparation, detentions, etc. One positive is that the day tends to go quicker.
After school it was a rush to prepare work for Monday, fax off time sheets and then get changed for school sport. Tonight it's basketball against Gable Hall. We ended up winning quite easily, and I played alright. It was good fun.
Straight after the game Matty and I flew home. I had a quick bath and then high-tailed it to the train station. In between I quickly wrote out some work for my classes on Monday and Tuesday. At the station I got to see some of the locals in their true colours; it must be where the local winners hang out on a Friday night.
Beck got on the train at Upminster and then we met Kez at London Bridge. We were all starving but we headed to SW4 bar, where we were meeting everyone for RoJo's birthday. Walking through the bar we didn't see anyone at first, but then we found the Valley boys (RoJo, Stirlo, Razi, Chriso, Chocolate, Joshy and Az) along with their girls as well. Bit bizarre to go so long without seeing many of these guys, and then 5 minutes later it's as if none of us have left home and we are just at a pub somewhere in Melbourne.
The boys were in full swing and in good form, the girls were all up for a big night as well. It was great to see everyone get together for RoJo's birthday, and Ro was his usual laid back funny self.
Just before we were about to head to The Zoo Bar in Leicester Square Rael turned up to add to our tribe of Aussies. We rang Coxy who has just landed (look out England!) and is playing cricket up in Derby.
The locals must be used to drunk Aussies on the tube because they didn't bat an eyelid to any of the antics or conversation. My favourite was Chocolate yelling out repeatedly, "Where's Stirlo?", because Stirlo was wearing his camouflage khakis. Funnily enough we had a wrong stop, but soon enough we were there, and since we were with RoJo we all got in straight away at the door.
The Zoo Bar is a really cool place, and had a really good vibe inside. I had a couple of beers with Joshy and talked about going to Pamps. I think for us Roskilde is off the schedule as it will just be too hard to organise time off work. In talking with all the boys it sounds like everyone is heading home soon (by early next year), although some of them might come back soon enough as well.
The time went so quickly and before we knew it we had to head off to catch the last tube. We said goodbye to everyone, although we'll see Razi, Az, Chocolate and Chriso over the next few days in Turkey. I didn't realise Mad Az was coming to Turkey, so I'm pretty happy about that added bonus.
We just made the last tube and Beck bought a ticket off this random dude who was selling them off the side of the ticket gates. Back at Fatty's everyone had been drinking and were quite merry. We grabbed Macca's on the way home as we still hadn't eaten - even though it's against my religion.
We got back to Grays at two and crashed. We made an executive decision to pack in the morning. We have a few big days ahead of us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb