Museum Day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
August 31st 2006
Published: September 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today Dad and I went to -

side note: watching a BBC program called "Hidden Lives: Honey I Suckle the Kids" about "attachment parenting" and this woman is breast feeding her 2 and FIVE year old and she just asked her five year old, "When do you think you'll stop having boobie?" and her daughter replied without removing her mouth from the "boobie" - "Nevah!"

Ok, sorry, that was just too good. So we went to the British Museum and the National Gallery today. Both were even better than I expected. At the British Museum I got to see a lot of the artifacts that were missing from the Parthenon when we went to Greece. Weird. I guess closure ten years later is nice. They had both the west and east pediments and various other things.

Christ, sorry, but this show is too much. Now they are interviewing a woman who has not one, but TWO knitted uteri. And now she is have a girls movie night watching birth videos. Nice.

Back to the museums. In addition to the Greek, we saw a lot of Egyptian artifacts, some Roman jewelry, the chronology of money, a room full
Something Else GreekSomething Else GreekSomething Else Greek

Me, a part of the Parthenon I didn't see in Greece, and a ghost! (If you watch the Discovery Channel.)
of clocks, some Medieval things that were my favorites, some American Indian exhibits (no Pilgrim stuff!), a very cool ‘Cradle to Grave’ exhibit, and probably a lot that I’ve already forgotten.

At the National Gallery we saw some incredible paintings. It would be pretty futile to try to list and/or describe the experience. I would misspell the artists and ramble descriptions because I don’t remember the titles, so we’ll leave it at, “it was incredible.”

Yes.

Oh! We also went to a church - St. Martin's Church. We saw about 4 minutes of a music rehearsal of something which was nice. They also had a cool sculpture of the baby Jesus. And a very feisty priest. That was also nice.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

More ParthenonMore Parthenon
More Parthenon

Sorry, I thought it was really cool.
More ParthenonMore Parthenon
More Parthenon

Part of one of the pediments.
DadDad
Dad

My dad is really cute and that's really funny.
Cradle to CryptCradle to Crypt
Cradle to Crypt

Something I didn't expect in the British Museum.
British MuseumBritish Museum
British Museum

Front of the British Museum.
The Feisty Priest!The Feisty Priest!
The Feisty Priest!

Told you he was cool!
Baby JesusBaby Jesus
Baby Jesus

I thought this was the jam.


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb