Somethings are somethings arent


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well all good things come to an end right??

After Cairo we headed to Aswan. Aswan is on the Tropic of Cancer so it is the closest point on earth to the sun, and it sure felt like it. We stayed at a place called Keylani there decent place, our room had airconditioning which I am soo greatful for!

Anyhow we went down one day at 3:30 am and drove 3½ hours to Abu Simbel where they had some huge tombs dedicated to Ramses II. It was about 40 Km from the Sudan border. That was kinda crazy. The tombs were pretty neat, but since they dammed the nile to make lake Nassar they had to move the temples up the cliff wall. Otherwise they would have made a good cave diving temples :P So to me it felt kinda fake. All of the sites there are very touristy.

Even in Aswan with only around 200,000 people, you can never get away from everyone wanting something from you. It wasnt as bad as Cairo, but it wasnt too far either.

After we were there for about a day Jocelyne wasnt feeling well. And we were tired of egypt, its very very wearing on you.

So we decided to head out early, and of this writing we are in London! Jocelyne hasnt seen London yet so we will be here for a few days.

I have but its good to be in an English speaking country...its really good.

Not sure if I can move my ticket departure date up or not though. If I can we will be comming home sooner, not sure how soon, but sooner.

So thats whats goin on. Jocelyne and I are both doin well now. Good to have decent water that doesnt burn your eyes when you take a shower....

Talk to yall later!

Advertisement



5th July 2006

Come home!
Come home my love! Lol...

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb