9 days to go...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
June 14th 2004
Published: June 14th 2004
Edit Blog Post

...til we leave the country. Only a few 12hr+ shifts, moving out of my London house, shopping, packing, oh and a quick dash home to do before we go away - ahhhhh so little time. Luckily the thought of this trip is softening the blow of last night's defeat at the hands of France, the lucky froggy b***ards. We've got to do better in the coming games as most of them will be in the middle of the night when we get to Oz and I've got to get more wear out of my England shirt than it merely being a marker for Aussie jibes!
It's all coming together quite well in reality. At last, the fantastic Carl at STA Travel has managed to find us a nice posh hotel in Tokyo at massively discounted rates. Thankfully this means we no longer have to spend 3 nights sleeping in an airport lounge, which was looking quite likely last week. We will have to wait til tommorrow though to find out exactly where it is and what it's called and more importantly, if we can pronounce it.
I wonder if there's an Englishtown in Tokyo...we could go for an English...must investigate!
Spent some time this morning on http://www.airdisaster.com/cvr/ listening to cockpit voice recorders and getting myself in the mood for travel. All I'm saying is I'm not flying Aloha or China Airlines...ever
In other good news, Kate has been given a nice digital camera to take away, so you will shortly be able to see us on travelblog.org in all manner of exotic locations.
Right, is that the time, got to go and pick up airline tickets...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb