Moving House... the dreaded!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
January 13th 2006
Published: March 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Earls Court had served us all well, but it was time to move up in London property and get some space!! As it turned out, Luke had found this cool place in Angel, which although a little old, it would serve us well with enough space for four people to comfortably co-habitate without killing one another. Anyway so we secured the place and got a pretty good deal on it considering the previous tenants for paying an extra £100 on what we got it for!

The move (or should I call it the dreaded from now on???) started on the friday afternoon when Liani and I went and picked up a moving van. She is a bit nervous in London traffic and I had my licence stolen in Venice, so we just wanted to get the van back to Earls Court, where Luke could take over driving duties. Ummm... I guess taking out another moving van's mirros whilst driving past is not the best start to ther afternoon, but shit happens, and after the impact we were being followed down the road, on foot, by a crazy arab who wanted someone to pay for his missing mirror. Fair enough I guess. Anyway, we got it back to Earls Court and began the bitch of a job that is moving house. Sometime around midnight we found ourselves parking in a servo inhaling some sambo's as we hadnt really eaten all day. Then we began unloading at Angel, much to the interest of the local hoods, who wouldnt take their eyes off us or the contents of the van! Only one breakage later, we were in the flat and enjoyed 4 hours of sleep before getting on the road again and picking up the remainer of Liani's stuff in Erith.

We managed to get it all back to Angel without any further drama's and return the van in one piece. I've said it before, but this time I mean it, next time I move I am going to pay someone else to do it!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 112; dbt: 0.1015s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb