London calling - Good Friday


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
April 2nd 2010
Published: April 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Friday 2.4.2010 day 170
London calling - Good Friday
Today we decide to go to drive in to London. First off we went to Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the guards. Whine we were driving around the place looking for a park we saw hundreds and hundreds of people swarming towards the palace. So many people we began to wonder if the queen was going to make an appearance for Good Friday maybe on her way to Westminster abbey for a service or something? We found a free park very close to the palace and walked there. When we got there it was about 20 minutes till the changing of the guards but there was already about 3 thousand people there and we could not see the street or the palace grounds. When the first Band marched down the street we only got to see the tops of their hats and when they were in the palace grounds we could only here them and see them if we jumped up in the air of the more than 3 thousand people there only about 300 of them would have been able to see the show inside the grounds. The good thing was that lot of people who had front row road view went to took in the grounds so we ran over and got there spots so when the next bands all came in we had front row. We did not get to see what happened in the grounds but could here all the wonderful music from where we were and then we got to see them all march out again at the end. The show took over 30 minutes and was well worth it. After the show we had a look around the area and then as we walked back to the car it started to rain. As it was raining we decided to have a drive around the city. There were thousands of tourists everywhere we went all getting very wet waiting for public transport we were very glad we took the car we considered taking the train but though there would not be too many people in on Good Friday. We drove over London Bridge and the tower bridge. We saw the tower of London, Hyde Park and the London Eye which I wanted to go on but my friend did not so we did not go on it. We went past Westminster abbey and the houses of parliament which were rebuilt after the fire, they were very amazing. Big Ben was smaller then I imagined it was. We did a good drive around the city and had a look at lots of famous suburbs and bridges and then we went home. It was lots of fun seeing thing we had we have seen in movies and on TV for years now in real life.




Additional photos below
Photos: 100, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb