Im in London still......


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
October 15th 2009
Published: October 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Okay so I am stealing song lyrics from The Waifs... but I am still in London. Was a relaxing start to my time in London, on Saturday woke up rather late as Gary wasnt there to wake me up and tell me to go for breakfast (was actually actually a little sad about that) and moved hotels. Had a lazy day, Piccadilly, Cambden St James Park etc etc. Caught up with Nige and Sonya that naight for what was meant to be a quiet drink.... got back to the hotel about 5am and slept most of the morning. Headed to Portobello Road on Sunday afternoon and had a nice wander around and a relaxing time, followed by a good chinese dinner and an early night. Have spent the rest of the week catching up on emails and sorting out some details for the rest of the trip as well as doing some shopping.
Saw London Bridge and the London Bridge tour, Tower Bridge (which most of you may assume is London Bridge) The Tower of London and the crown jewels, Churchills war museum and chambers, Buckingham Palace, Tate Gallery and Tate Modern, National Gallery, St Pauls cathedral, and toured Lords Cricket Ground and also Stamford Bridge (home of Chelsea). Have seen the Lion King which I didnt think was that great, it was okay but not sure what all the fuss is about, also saw Dirty Dancing which was really good (Yes Crowley SGR, SGR) and also went to the Old Vic Theatre to see Inherit the Wind which was fantastic. Going to see 39 steps tonight which should be good I am hoping.
Off to Swanmore tomorrow to see Diana and Denzel which will be nice, looking to a few days of r&r before I head off to Dublin on Monday!
ps it is so good to be back in the land of the English Breakfast!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb