Itenerary for our next trip


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
September 14th 2009
Published: September 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


I have told some of you but others don't know yet... We are going to England, France, and Holland.
In England, we will stay in London and see a Shakespearean play at the Globe Theater(like the one on my desk). Visit the ancient ruins at Stonehenge and see the Magna Carta in an old church. We will tour the city and see the Rosetta Stone in the museum.

In France, we will stay in an inn that was built in the 1600's pretty old, huh?
Then we will go to a place called Tours and see the Chateau where Leonardo Da Vinci died.
In Paris we will see all of the sights and take a cooking class...yum yum

Since I am Dutch, Holland is an exciting visit for me. We plan to visit windmills, shop for Delftware and eat Gouda cheese. Oh, and I promised to bring home Stroop Waffles for my daughter Amanda.

Can anyone tell me what is the Magna Carta or the Rosetta Stone?

Let me know if you were here.

Advertisement



15th September 2009

Gonna miss you
Hope you have fun Mrs.Kristeen :D. The rosetta stone is an egyptian artifact,I dont know what the magna carta is.
23rd September 2009

Magna Carta
Thanks for the comment. The Magna Carta is a set of laws in England that the English people forced the King to sign in 1215 that took away some of his power and gave it to the people. This was the first step toward democracy in England. When the colonists came to the new world, they used this as an example to not give all of the power to one person whether it be a king or the president.
24th September 2009

Have fun!
Looking forward to keeping up with your adventures! This is a great idea for keeping in touch with your students! :)

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb