Birthday in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
June 28th 2009
Published: October 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

LondonLondonLondon

Trafalgar Square during our lunch stop on the bike tour around London
Since I wasn’t really doing too much for my birthday this year, Hannah and I decided to do a London sightseeing tour which I had wanted to do for a while, the Fat Tire London bike tour. Hannah’s brother, Matthew also came along as he was staying with us for a few weeks. We headed into the city and made our way to the meeting point where already there were quite a few people waiting around for the 11AM tour. It turned out that quite a lot people had pre-booked which meant it was more than likely we wouldn’t be able to do the tour this morning. We waited and waited for bookings to show up but no-one did, which luckily meant they had free spots for us. We followed our tour guide across the road and each picked up an old school tour bike.

We walked our bikes over to Kensington Gardens where we adjusted the bikes before headed off for the 3 hour bike ride around London. We rode around the gardens for a while, stopping every now and then before eventually making our way to Buckingham Palace in time for the changing of the guard. We all
LondonLondonLondon

Buckingham Palace during the daily changing of the guard
parked our bikes and watched as the guards marched around the ground in front of Buckingham Palace then continued off down the road, a massive brass band playing music followed shortly behind them. We grabbed our bikes and continued on towards Trafalgar Square where we parked our bikes again, and went to get some lunch. We decided the best place was the nearby pub where we got lunch and washed it down with a beer. Soon enough it was time to continue on with bike tour.

We stopped at Westminster Abbey and were given a brief explanation of the history before heading towards Big Ben and the parliament buildings where again we stopped for a chat. It was at this time out of nowhere it starting pouring rain, luckily it didn’t last too long. We began to ride our way back through Hyde Park back to where we started. After a few more stops and photo opportunities we were back after a fantastic afternoon out in London on the bike tour.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

LondonLondon
London

Watching as the changing of the guard band march onwards
LondonLondon
London

Dozens of bikes parked up while we have lunch


20th October 2009

Can you ride a bike?
20th October 2009

Of course I can, i've done bike tours in loads of different places!!

Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 19; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0821s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb