Our Christmas... not so much white as grey


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
December 29th 2008
Published: December 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Christmas!




After an early day finishing up at work on Christmas eve (Christmas present enough!) Dav and I jumped on the train for the three and half hour trip up to the big smoke.


We spent the Christmas break at Ann and Anna's place in London (our home for the first week and a half in England), with their respective (not respectable..hehe) boyfriends Rogan and Mike.


The day was spent in rather a deliciously lesuirely way, sleeping in til mid-morning, followed by a day of eating and drinking and watching Underbelly (thanks Mrs Rogan!) .. and presents ... and more eating! However, being such a long way away from family was quite hard, and there was a moment or two of homesickness from us both... But on the positive side, we didn't miss the normal Christmas heatwave and it was definitely nice to enjoy that hot meal without the sweat beads blurring the vision!




Madame Tussauds




On Boxing Day, Dav and I braved the crowds to check out Madame Tussauds. Dav, having been there before a few years ago, was being a very supportive boyfriend coming along, especially given his 'love' of crowds... (the line up alone taking an hour to get in.... bless him!)


The wax figures were really good and I had a heap of fun trying to come up with funny poses.... even if I did embarrass myself, and Dav, a tad...




Tower of London


On Saturday, we once again braved the crowds and headed off to the Tower of London. This was really good too, although again the crowds made it less enjoyable than it probably could have been. And the fact that it was ffrrreeezzzinngg also took the shine off the day. But other than that, there were some fascinating stories and so many lovely staircases (a little fetish of mine..)




Wicked


Saturday night the girls dressed up, leaving the boys at home, and headed off to see the musical Wicked. Ann had managed to get her hands on three free tickets and so off we went to be entertained with the story behind the witches from Wizard of Oz. Was a great show, and another tick off my list!

Sunday saw an early wake up.... and back on the train and back to Exeter.... and work....so sad!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Ange, Brad and AnjAnge, Brad and Anj
Ange, Brad and Anj

Madame Tussauds
Shane stole my phone!Shane stole my phone!
Shane stole my phone!

Madame Tussauds
Me and little Johnnie Me and little Johnnie
Me and little Johnnie

Madame Tussauds


Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0721s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb