The Hughes Have Left


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We're here in London. I think we were travelling for around 36 hours to get here. There's a book we read before we left saying that an OE with your family is like plugging everyone into the 'experience mains'. And that's exactly how it is but after 30 hours of travel I just wanted to pull my hand out and sleep - so did Blake and Anton as well. But in saying that the boys were amazing on the planes and getting through immigration and customs.

Mason couldn't get over the lights of Auckland and seeing the sky tower from the air. Then he went to sleep. Blake not long after. Anton tried to cram himself into those little seats and looked way to big. Gareth and I had some sleep. Anton loved the food on all the flights - Mason only loved the chocolate on SWISS Air. Anton's tray was always covered in everyones left overs.

Shanghai looked incredible from the air. Rice fields, houses and big industry. Zurich was beautiful fields and brick houses. London house upon house and cricket pitches (well that's what Anton saw).

Claire picked us up from the airport - thank godness. By this stage Blake had already left us at British immigration refusing to go because he wanted to go home. Once on the underground he fell asleep in my arms and Anton curled up into another small seat and went to sleep. Mason was dreaming about playing with his new ipod. I was dreaming of having a cup of tea and stop moving. Although we found that once we had stopped it still felt as if we were moving.

Mason woke up at 5 this morning - I asked him what he wanted to do in London. His response was, 'go shopping'. I had to laugh. It wasn't about seeing big ben, lords, buckingham palace, no it was about getting a tshirt.

Blake and Anton are still sleeping. Got a bit to catch up on. Off into London to but a tshirt - maybe he'll want to buy one from Harrods. Photos to come later.

The Hughes

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb