London- Victoria and Albert Museum


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
June 16th 2008
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

There are so many amazing museums in London. Jon and I have been to many of them but I had not yet been to the Victoria and Albert Museum. This is a wonderful museum with so much to see. There is a great fashion section of the museum that has clothing from all time periods. There was also an amazing showing of jewelry. They had pieces from the beginnings of jewelry to now. We enjoyed the museum and then had lunch. Then in the afternoon we went to Westminster Abby.

The church of Westminster Abby has an amazing amount of history. We got the headset audio of Jeremy Irons and did the 2 hr tour. King Edward established the place, died and was buried at the Abby in 1065. William the Conqueror was the first to be crowned here and all of the kings and queens of England were coroneted at the Abby since 1066. Westminster is famous for the people that are buried there. There are tombs of many kings and queens including Elizabeth I, Mary I, Edward the Confessor and many more. Many famous Poets and scientist are also buried or commemorated there; Isaac Newton, Darwin, Charles Dickens, and many more.

We stopped by the Apollo Theater before the show to pick up our tickets for Wicked. This is the story of the Witches of OZ. Katie McNab, Diana Edward, her grand nephew Ian, Shirley and Sherry joined us for the musical and then we all went to OXO Tower for dinner afterward. If you have not seen Wicked it is a must see. Everyone loved it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

OXO TowerOXO Tower
OXO Tower

Ian, Me, Jon, Katie, Camille, Diana, Sherry and Shirley


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb