update


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
December 18th 2007
Published: December 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post



so.
it seems time is really getting the better of me these days. or perhaps more so, i am just slipping into and being carried away by life in general. my prague diary still isnt complete (many of these such journals end in this way, though undisappointingly - at least i wrote something! and remembering is always a feat in itself) and there is also still more to post (which i may just do sporadically in the not too distant future) and much has gone on since i returned from there and back to my home in london.

so. (did i just say that??)
let me tell you...

work has been one of the main reasons for my slackness with my writing. at this time of the year, there are many organisations and companies hiring fabric for christmas parties. because of this, we've been open 5 days a week, and i have worked all of them for the past fortnight or so. its interesting having a completely different clientelle in than the regular weekend revellers. contrary to what one may think, although these people might be some of the most educated, money laden, seemingly sophisticated people (we hosted goldman and sachs' christmas party, which was an unbelievable, no expenses spared event) they are easily far ruder and more disrespectful than any of the customers at the weekend. it really gives you some perspective on what makes people tick here. money money money...

anyway.
im really enjoying it at fabric, and have been offered the position of head bartender already, once the current head departs. last weekend saw the step up in responsibility for the imminent transition, and a very drunken sunday to celebrate the week off after the last 2 on.

i spent some time in Paris before all of this work began. just a day and a half, which is nowhere near enough to enjoy the city anywhere near its fullest. -its such a big place, and there are endless amounts of history in its monuments and buildings and attractions and constructions, which are all fairly spread out. it seemed to lack the charm that prague had tho, which i assume is a side-effect of the size of Paris itself, in comparison to the almost "quaintness", of prague. in any case, i hope i dont sound like im complaining. cos it is an amazing city, where i had an amazing time. you can see some shots on my facebook.

ive also been seeing more of the Uk as well. - a couple of the Brazillian girls at work are heading home after years here, and are trying to see a few of the sights they havent yet seen here, so i joined them yesterday on a trip to Brighton beach. Pebbles and all, it was still a nice place, though im unsure that in summertime id enjoy laying in the sun and receiving a forced massage from the stones below, rather than the relaxing sand and sound of crashing waves we're used to at home. amusing to say the least...

a full and busy weekend at work to come, as will be the subsequent weeks leading up to new year's celebrations.

happy christmas to all.
happy hanuka, which has just passed (i believe - forgive me if im wrong)
congratulations to Pete and Kirra who are now engaged to be married (i have now informed those of you who didnt know! ha!)
and ill endeavour to be in touch before the new year.


peace,
C

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb