Australian High Commission Masquerade Ball


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
September 9th 2005
Published: September 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello again

A couple of weeks ago we had the opportunity to attend this special event (Rach knows people who know people on the inside!!). We couldn't pass up the opportunity to get glamed up and legless with a bunch of Aussies at the Australian High Commission. The night turned out to be a blast.

Rach, JK and Simone attended along with Jannah and Bronya Glynn who work at the High Commission. As this was technically a staff function, beyond the formal dress there were realatively few formalities with most people letting their hair down. As you can see from the photos, we were confronted with a chocolate fountain amongst other things! The building itself is beautiful, with the vault downstairs having been used as Griswald's bank in Harry Potter. This would definitely have to go down as one of the most elegant settings for a masquerade party.

Anyway, as always the photos speak for themselves so check them out.
Talk to you all again in the next chapter of JK and Rach's excellent adventures!
JK and Rach


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

The High CommissionThe High Commission
The High Commission

This room and down stairs (The vault) featured in Harry Potter
Darth JK....Darth JK....
Darth JK....

...fogging up!
Sim and RachSim and Rach
Sim and Rach

Enjoying the flowing chocholate
The GangThe Gang
The Gang

Greg, Simone, Aaron, Bronya, Rach, and Justin
Beautiful building....Beautiful building....
Beautiful building....

...not a bad setting for a party!
ClassyClassy
Classy

Sucking back the helium
SimSim
Sim

Eat your heart out Marilyn


18th September 2005

Hi guys...now this is what i've always wanted to do for the changeover dinner! looks like a fabulous venue...much more impressive than theactivities centre! we're doing a 'manhatten nights' theme for the last changeover bash - have had to cut down considerably on theming but i think it'll still look allright on the night. Love seeing these blogs, very inspiring - bring on VSU and the payout and i'll see you over at your local for a drink! your new pad looks great too! keep enjoying your wonderful adventures!
19th September 2005

Niiice
Good to see you guys are having a great time!!! Rach wouldn't have recognise you!!! You look great!!!
21st September 2005

whats going on
hily smokes rach - you glamour queen. You look super. What's happening - not feeding you in London. Love the updates - looks like your getting through a bit - love it!!!!
25th September 2005

Me Too
What a great time you two are having, Aimi will not be going over without me!!!

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb