London with Sarah


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
June 15th 2003
Published: June 15th 2003
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from sunny London (i'm serious the weather is awesome)

Here i am, sitting a whole ocean away from Saratoga, with Sarah. Everything about London is awesome except for how much things cost. NYC looks cheap compared to here. Yesterday we went to markets: Portabello Road (which is right out Sarah's front door), Camden Town, and Covent Garden.
At Portabello Road i got this great book to make a Feingold style scrap book, which is a good idea, since i never got around to finishing my NZ book. We also got fresh bread and yummy hummus. Mmmmm.
Camden Town is totally fun. It is what the East Villiage wishes it still was. Lots of punks, ravers, 80's style mohawks, goths, and lots of other neat little shops as well. I could live there. The highlight may have been when Sarah and I dressed as Goths (You should all see Sarah in a velvet corset-- sorry they didn't let me take any photos)
Covent Garden had street performers and reminded me of Faneil Hall. Then we went to an AWESOME comedy club, full of British and Kiwi humour. So much fun!
We had a strange expereince on the tube home. The girl behind Sarah was playing with Sarah's hair and some guy was getting his face a bit to close to the back of my head At one point the girl kinda knocked Sarah's head. It's a good thing she didn't do that to me cause i would have had a real bad reaction and probobly started a fight. Other than that, the tube is a great transoprtation system, though i do have issues with the map. It should be to scale. You have no clue how close or far apart places are since the map was designed to look clean, and not give any real reference points other than the stations names.
There must not be open container laws on the tube or in london cause we saw lots of open wine bottles saturday night
Today was a bit more laid back, which our feet appreciated. We went to the supermarket, which was a crowded experience. Then was the Tate Modern Musuem for some free and quality modern art. Definitely a worthwhile place.

Somewhere in there we also hit Leister Sqaure, Trafalgar Square, Picadilly Circus and past St. Pauls. Woah, lots of km covered!

Took lots of photos, i'll put them up in a few days when i have my card reader on me.

Expensive is an understatement in this town. Everything is more expensive than i expected, even with the warnings. Thanks for lending me the A to Z Richard, I'll need it tomorrow when i am on my own.
AHHH. Out of time.
more later in the week....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb