as for now...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
March 20th 2007
Published: March 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So, here I am, in London. My vacation so far has been a whole mish-mash of travelling, not sleeping, sleeping, and eating. The trip between LA and Sweden went ok. We were supposed to land in Newark and change plane. But there werent enough room for us to land. So we ended up having to stop in Pensylvania to put some gas in the plane. We thought we were going to miss our connecting flight in Newark. But fortunately, that one was late as well, so we made it.

There wasnt almost any snow in Soderhamn (our hometown). But on sunday, before we took the bus down to Stockholm, it started snowing REALLY bad. So at least we got to experience SOME snow before we left!

When we got to Sweden, my grandmother (who has been sick for a while), got worse and I had to spend my first night in Sweden in the elderly-home, to be by her side. She got better, so Im keeping my fingers crossed for her!

Yesterday (monday), me and Jesper went to London. We got up at 2am to take the bus to the airport. We didnt get much sleep, so once we got to London, we were REALLY tired. But there werent any time to rest. We wnet out and started to explore London city. We saw the Natural History Museum and the Design Museum. AFter that we went to have lunch at at really nice Brittish pub. Gosh, europeans smokes so much!. I have gotten Ameriucanized, and Im not used to people smoking where Im eating. But the food was good, so I tried to not care. The weather had been really nice the whole day. Cold, but clear blue skies. After we had finished our lunch, we looked out and saw that it had started snowing. So we had to stay inside for a while. When it stopped, we went outside to take the subway and go back home. But when we got outside, the sky was all blue again. So we walked around in Notting Hill for a while before we went back home. Once we were at the hotel, we laid down to rest for a while (it was about 5.30pm then).I woke up at 2.30 am, and realized we had been sleepiong for about 9h. Lets just say we were REALLY hungry when they served breakfast at the hotel this morning!

We are sitting in the lounge at the hotel right now, getting ready to go to see Westminister Abbey and Big Ben.

Ill keep you updated!

Miss you all A LOT!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb