London for a Day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
June 26th 2005
Published: June 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The Big Bus Tour of LondonThe Big Bus Tour of LondonThe Big Bus Tour of London

Alan says 'ello mates!
Today was really our first day out and about. We arrived in London on Friday. We spent Saturday strolling along the area near our hotel. Our jaunt from Kentucky across the Atlantic was more arduous than we'd anticipated. So, we weren't very ambitious on our first day here.

Today we took "The Big Bus Tour". It's a nice ride in the open air with a digital or live guide. We chose to stay with the live guide. It was a beautiful day of fresh air, site seeing and history. Alan was our tour guide and he was excellent. He delivered lots of facts and plenty of humor.

The Big Bus Tour is one of the easiest ways to explore. If you want a more close-up and detailed view of any site, just hop off, walk about and catch one of the next buses (they run every 10 minutes). During one of our stops, Brenda decided to give the Queen a visit. We were hoping she would invite us in for a spot of tea, but we didn't get past the front gate. As you can see from the pictures, we weren't the only visitors at Buckingham palace. :-)
Outside the Palace GatesOutside the Palace GatesOutside the Palace Gates

Oh well, we're sure there wouldn't have been enough tea to go around

Off to Denmark tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb