Osterley Park, 6 May 2013


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Kew
May 26th 2013
Published: May 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

As expected, it took over an hour to travel to Osterley Park by tube. Upon the arrival, we followed the footpath along the Avenue. We found brown and white cows and calves grazing on the pasture field on the left hand on the way to the main entrance.



As planned, we sat on the grass and had a picnic on the main lawn surrounded by the house and lake. There were a lot of people, either sitting on the grass or playing football, or having a picnic.



After the lunch, we started strolling through the formal garden. We found a couple of old trees which have been surviving for more than 200 years and have been preserved by the National Trust, and the reconstructed 18th century garden. There were a wide variety of tulips, forget-me-not, violas, etc grown on the borders. We also looked at the tender plants and citrus fruits in the semi-circled orangery.



The late arrival of the spring seemed to have resulted in offering colourful landscapes in the southeast of England. There were crimson, pinkish cherry blossoms, tulips, bluebells, and buttercups thriving here and other in Osterley Park. There were some rhododendrons starting to flower as well. The carpet of bluebells created alluring and mysterious scenes in the lush parklands.



Likewise, we did the circular walk following the footpath flanked by the busy A4 road and tranquil lake, with the view and noise of aeroplanes.



The sunny and warm weather seemed to have encouraged a large number of visitors. We saw loads of people coming to Osterley Park in the mid afternoon when we came back from the circuit walk.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb