Mitchell's Birthday and The Lyric Theatre


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Hammersmith
December 20th 2009
Published: December 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: We Wish You a Merry Christmas 45 secs
Nellie and Monk have had a busy weekend. On Saturday night they went to Monk's nephew Mitchell's 18th birthday party held in the Zizzi restaurant in Bexleyheath, where they took over most of the restaurant. It was a very sociable night, however, Monk did end up somewhat inebriated and was handing out Nellie's private telephone number to all and sundry. How's a girl supposed to stay on the straight and narrow when Monk was willing to give away her phone number for the price of a text message? (Ed. - Nellie's private number is 60777 - text inaid follow nellie - every penny of the one-off charge of £10 goes to Cancer Research UK).

Sunday saw them at the Lyric Theatre in Hammersmith to hear Floss singing Christmas songs with the Lyric Singers, who'd been joined by local schoolchildren. It was a very seasonal lunchtime concert although, as can be seen from the video, it was all a bit 'close-up' in the foyer.

Monk's Meanders


Floss joined the Lyric Singers in 2008 when a production of 'Love - the Musical' was being staged. She'd taken up singing lessons, purely as a pastime, earlier in the year. When the Lyric asked local singing classes for suitable candidates for the production, her tutor suggested Floss for the part.

Irene was SO excited by the prospect of Floss singing at the Lyric. She often went to Hammersmith just to snatch a few minutes to have coffee with her during breaks in rehearsal so that she could give her moral support. When the production went live, Irene was there in the audience during so many performances, willing Floss on. She was always so excited for other people - often more excited than they themselves - and had an infectious enthusiasm for just about everything.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb