working life


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Hammersmith
November 10th 2007
Published: November 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post



so.
my first night of work in this big city began in earnest last night, and oh how good it was to finally be back behind a bar. Fabric, perhaps one of the worlds most famous clubs (it is most certainly amongst the names synonymous with influential, ground-breaking and big-name-drawing clubs) proved to be the injection i was looking for, not only in terms of work, but in terms of a positive, motivating energy. a certain lifestyle comes with the role of being a bartender: One of the feeling of a constant party, music always thumping at your chest, hands always pumping at the air, late nights leading into early mornings, leading into sleepy days, and a team spirit that pulls everyone towards the same goal of seeing a seething, roaring, massive crowd ultimately happy. it was heaps of fun, and very good to be back on the working train again.

its been more than 10 weeks since ive actually worked properly, so by the morning, my back and legs were suffering severely, remedied easily tho, by the standard hospitality, post-work beer session. it just so happened last night too, that my welcome to Fabric involved some of my favourite dj's entertaining a massive, massive crowd in each of its trio of grand and glorious dancefloors and accompanying bars. the staff were all a pleasure, many of them being Spaniards, and affording me the chance to keep practicing the language who's country i so recently departed from.

i return there for this weekend's round two tonight, champing at the bit...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb