Merry Christmas


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Fulham
December 24th 2007
Published: December 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It was very unfortunate that we had to leave you all with such bad news, but for those of you who haven't heard, Kate made it home in time to say goodbye to her Grandma and she was able to be at home and celebrate her Grandma's life with her family. She was also able to catch up with some good friends and rekindle her Adelaide spirit!

While she was away Mark went and watched the Australian Football team play in Fulham - yep nice and close to home. You can imagine that Mark had a slightly croaky voice the next day from all the Harry Kewell chanting!

But since we're now well and truly into winter we have been enjoying strolling the frosty streets, looking at all the wonderful Christmas lights and decorations that have taken over the city. Christmas shopping has been quite the adventure - trying to decide between going into Oxford street and facing the thousands strong crowds where you know where you can get what you're looking for, or trying other various locations that are not so busy but where it's pot luck as to whether you can find what you're looking for. It's a tough job. It's not surprising that so much shopping is done over the internet, and we have certainly joined in that bandwagon!

Work for us both has been good. Mark has been able to work on a wider variety of projets lately and the Nile work he has finished working on is now on show in the Nike Town shop in Oxford St - London Central. He also had some fun with Christmas wrapping and cards! And Kate has well and truley become part of the team at King's College - she was actually begged not to leave as there are currently so many locum positions and no locums to fill them. The small pay rise was another incentive to stay, not that she was thinking of leaving anyway. We've both made some great friends at work, and the Christmas parties certainly pulled down any of the remaining walls!

And just this Friday Kate's brother Matthew arrived in London for his holiday! It was so great to see him - and Kate's pretty stoked that she now has both of her boys for Christmas. We went to Liverpool this weekend where we stood in the corner of the Kop at Anfield and watched Liverpool thrash Portsmouth 4-1. It was a great atmosphere despite it not being the most thrilling game. We had a night out on the town, although a little short lived while we were overwhelmed by the skankyness! Today we went on a Magical Mystery Tour and saw where the Beatles all began, finishing off with a pint in the Cavern Club. We caught the bus back home and are now ready to face Christmas.

So we hope you all have a wonderrful time celebrating Chistmas with your family and friends and we wish you all the very best for a New Year filled with love, hapines and great times. And we will certainly keep you posted with all of our adventures!

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

Kate and Mark


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



26th December 2007

Merry Christmas
Glad to hear you are having an enjoyable time over there. I'm thinking that despite the game at Anfield not being the msot thrilling it would have felt awesome just to be there. Anyway, all the best for the new year and I'll see you when I see you. Barge.

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb