Craig and Ross in Europe/UK


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Fitzrovia
August 22nd 2010
Published: August 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sunday August 22, 2010
(Blogged by Craig)
Dear all,
Hello from London. We arrived on Saturday morning, after a long and exhausting haul . How people do this long flight more than once a year is beyond us (Stefan?). We emerged from the plane like deformed pretzels, having bearly slept, depsite the Temaze sleeping tabs. I had a very bad back from the whole ordeal, which required numerous doses of Nurofen Plus and several lashings of duty free gin. Since we arrived at 7am, the hotel room of course wasn't ready, so we had to dump our packs and wander about in search of food and coffee. At least the weather is mild (about 23 degrees albeit cloudy).
Spent the weekend looking around the usual tourist sights, Trafalgar Sqaure, houses of Parliament, British Museum , etc.
Ross took me to John Soanes House (where he'd been in 2005), an old 1800's place preserved in time. Excellent. Very buzzy with people everywhere. We have already enjoyed some excellent traditional British pubs - just now we had fish and chips dinner with mushy peas and cider to drink!

We leave tomorrow for the Loire Valley (France) where I am speaking at the Poultry Congress.
Bye for now
Craig and Ross
p.s. What the hell did you people do? You were left with specific instructions not to let that mad monk within cooee of The Lodge, but we learnt that it is level pegging, with a probable hung parliament. Can't you be left to anything right ino our absence?



Advertisement



22nd August 2010

election
I suggest you guys consider not coming back. also can you find a place with a room or two so we can join you? enjoy the chook-fest K
22nd August 2010

sorry
I'm channelling Pam Ann as I say "sorry for the long flight, sorry for the election, sorry your room wasnt ready" :-) Enjoy :-)
26th August 2010

Hi there
Hi Guys, great to here from you. Sounds like you are enyoing yourselves once again! Have fun in France and goodluck with your presentation. Mum and dad are up this Sat so I'll pass this on to them. As I'm writing this (home with a Jacob who has a virus and a very swolen gland and is on anti-biotics) our new kitchen is being installed, excellent!

Tot: 0.477s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 22; qc: 88; dbt: 0.0911s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb